Thursday, June 09, 2005

Degrees on the wall

I have always wondered why people frame their degrees and put them up on the wall.

I mean, I can understand if a doctor does it at his clinic. His patients would feel reassuared.

But why would a education counsellor want to put up a degree on the wall, that too in a field unrelated to the counselling. I guess the counsellor just wanted to let her clients know that she has "been there, done that".

Today, I actually found one such degree on the wall useful. We were changing a computer at the office and I had to take it to the lady who handles the computing resources of the department. I like to think that I know a lot about computers, after all, I am doing my Master's in Computer Engineering. I was wondering what would be the requirement to be a "Computing Consultant" in the office. Thankfully, the degree on the wall said "Bachelor of Science".

No comments: