Saturday, April 07, 2007

Buses and Cars

Readers of my blog should refer to my earlier post about my adventure in missing a bus to work. Adventure ... huh! I can hear myself and all the readers smirking at this use of "adventure" to describe something mundane beyond doubt.

April is a quite some time after November when I had made my last post. The advent of Spring makes a lot of difference in not missing the bus. The mornings are not so chilly any more and today was downright warm. More warm then any self-respecting day in the Spring has a right to be in this part of the world.

My car had been in the auto body shop for the past week. I would rather not go into the exact circumstances regarding how it wound up there, but suffice it to say that it involved an icy road, fresh snow covering the ice during a trip to a ski resort.

The bus system in Redmond is absolutely fabulous. Mileage may vary for people living in different parts of the Puget Sound area but for me the commute to and from work is a pleasure. It's no more than a three minute walk from my apartment to the bus stop and the same holds true for the walk from my office building to the bus stop. The ride itself takes fifteen minutes and I ride free courtesy of a deal between my company and Metro Transit. I just looked it up and it turns out that it's a Metro Transit program called the FlexPass.

I have my car back now but the bus system has me hooked. I may yet take to riding the bus to work on a more frequent basis. On a side note, since I have never posted a photo of my car before, I shall post it now.

No comments: