Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Impressions

****** BE WARNED. SPOILERS LIE HEREIN. ******

I loved the book. That's a great way to start off a review isn't it :) It just shows how unbiased and neutral it is going to be.

Like many people out there I grew up reading Harry Potter and I was anxious about how JKR would conclude the series. When I say I grew up reading the series, I don't mean to say that I was the same age as Harry during any of the books, in fact I was always older than even the Harry of the last book. Not being of the same age as Harry though was never an impediment in my identifying with the characters. As such I was afraid that JKR would fail in her hour of need.

No such thing happened. She came through for her readers and I am happy about it. Yes, yes she did fudge things a bit with the explanation of why Harry didn't really die and some chapters in the forest when the trio are on the run did drag out, but overall she came up with a very satisfying book.

The book is good on its own but it is more important as the final stroke that completes the masterpiece.

The Harry Potter series was a delightful tour with JKR as the tour guide.

No comments: