Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Parting of Friends

People of the world.

I have had the fortune of having been friends with some fantastic people. Not only have they made good friends, some of them have become close enough to be a part of my identity.

Till now, I have always been able to associate parts of my life with some dear friends and their companionship. Through school, junior college, undergraduate college and graduate school I have always had one friend of mine from the years past to accompany me on my new adventure.

Sure, I made new friends as I went along. However, there was always at least this one person, who was my link to the past, preserving a sense of continuity. A friend, whom I could turn to when things were not quite all rosy.

Today, one of these special friends moved out and on with his own new life.

A loss of continuity. Some people experience this early in life, some later and some never.

Is it good or is it bad? I don't know. It's a change and therefore has all the pluses and minuses that go along with changes.

I know one thing for sure though. If there is one thing that makes me truly sad then, it is the parting of friends, especially friends like these.

Good Bye Manan. I will miss you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi,
I am faced with a similar situation..and feel its quite impossible to let go of a trusted friend and companion. Day in and day out I pray to God that something changes, something that causes my friend to change her mind..something that causes her to stay back. Maybe a better opportunity here. I know i can't wish ill for my sake..and I 'm not, all I want is for God to grant me just one wish..and let my friend stay back! I need her to be there for a bit longer..oh how I wish I wasn't in this situation!