Sunday, September 10, 2006

Lots of things (Part I)

Time for the much needed update.

The past two months of my life have been just amazing. I have done so much that I am going to spread the experiences over several entries.

Let's start off with the trip to the Indianapolis F1 Grand Prix. It was a long cherished dream come true for me. First off I got to witness a Ferrari 1-2 in qualifying and on Race day with Michael Schumacher winning. For a fan of Ferrari and Schumi there couldn't possibly have been a better outcome.



I desperately wanted to get to the pits but was thwarted in my attempts by many a security guards. Oh, the sight of all those cars zooming in and out of the pit lanes was something to behold.

One interesting thing was that our seats were right in front of the place where the major pile-up occurred. Kimi Raikkonen's wrecked car was parked for the whole race about 50 metres away from where we sat.

Furthermore, when we got out of the Indianapolis speedway we saw that there were nearly 10-15 Ferraris parked in a special parking lot. We helped ourselves to a lot of photographs, most of them with us standing next to them.

Indianapolis downtown, where we went to next was alive with the festive atmosphere and it was a treat to be there on Race Day evening with so many Formula 1 fans. In keeping with the car racing theme of the weekend I saw the movie 'Cars' after a sumptuous meal. The animation was top notch but the story wasn't all that great.

There is one more thing that deserves a special mention. Bathing in a mobile shower unit, where the water is cut off as soon as the alloted five minutes are up, is a singular experience.


No comments: