Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Political Ideology

There is a field in my Orkut profile which I had always left unanswered; my political views. It wasn't so much that I didn't know where my views are but rather that I was just not sure what label was attached to my particular set of views.

After some reading on Wikipedia and taking a very short quiz I realized that the label that best fit my views was "Liberal".

Here's what the quiz website had to say about liberals.

LIBERALS usually embrace freedom of choice in personal matters, but tend to support significant government control of the economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net" to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations, defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.

I also like the strong military viewpoint of the conservatives.

No comments: