Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Bhaji

You have to read the title carefully. Neither does it refer to a cricketer nor does it refer to something eaten with Pav.

It represents in itself culinary perfection, a tradition to be proud of and passed on for generations to come.


That's right fellas, its the perfect snack for a rainy day. Kanda and Batata Bhaji.

All made by my roommate and me on a glorious Saturday evening. I must say I am quite proud of the Chinch-Gul (Tamarind - Jaggery) chutney too.

On a side note, the plural of 'bhaji' is also 'bhaji', not 'bhajya'. A distinction fine enough to be lost on me till very recently.

Fantastic effort and kudos to whomever they are due from the two people who had their stomachs and hearts filled with joy.

4 comments:

Kirtesh said...

Thats Snackfull :)

Anonymous said...

Delicious...Invite me the next time u make it :-)

Anonymous said...

I wonder what bhajiya stands for then ??

But u made me crave 'bhaji' for sure .. !!

Siddharth Bhai said...

yummy! looks delicious ;-)

I had tried my hand on bhajia earlier this semester. It came out quite all right...
this pic has inspired me to try it again after this semester is over :-)