Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Samir Govilkar

Ok, first off this is a blatantly obvious attempt at self promotion.

There is a term called "ego surfing" and I have indulged in it many times. What it basically means is that you search for your own name on the internet and see how many places it shows up.

I have the dubious fortune of being listed as the webmaster of a now defunct website (Sanskrit Mandiram), the "current" treasurer of the IEEE student branch of my undergraduate college and a heavy contributor to the SETI@home project which I no longer am.

You can verify this yourself, just search for my name.

So, I plan to rectify this situation. If you now go to Google Blog Search and then search for "Samir Govilkar" this post and hopefully all the other posts in this blog will show up.

The second course of action is making my own website (http://www4.ncsu.edu/~srgovilk). But that website has been in the making since August 2004 as testified to by the Last Updated field.

Hence, coming soon is all I can say and you being the wise people that you are, know better :)

Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also do a "Salil Khetani" search a lot (I am a bigger ego-maniac than you). The only result I get is when once I had commented on some website why Mithun Chakraborty is way better than Shah Rukh Khan.

SFR Logs said...

Well it appears that Google has given in to your narcissist wish :)
Google now zeroes in on your entire Google profile on simple search on nsame.