Saturday, April 29, 2006

Serve Chilled


Aah... What is this, you wonder. A can of Coke framed against the colours of Pepsi. Are the two rivals merging? Are they coming out with Cokesi or Peca-Cola. (Perfectly horrible names if you ask me.)

I am glad to say that nothing so disastrous is in the works. Do I hear sighs of relief from all interested parties?

What did happen was that, a desire to follow the instructions on the can turned a simple routine exercise into a frustrating experience. The instructions were really simple: Serve Chilled.

Patience is not really a virtue you can afford when you have come out of the sun and need a cold drink. Hence, there went the can in the freezer, not the refrigerator mind you. It should suffice to say that I returned to find it frozen solid.

Then came the stroke of brilliance, I filled up the wash basin with hot water and left the can in it to thaw.

No points for guessing that I was sipping hot Coke half an hour later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know tht one....heheh....wht sware did u make the image in?